Mental Health First Aid
Welcome to Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) for Parents & Adults Assisting Youth (12-18)
Similar to First Aid and CPR courses and especially during Covid-19, MHFA will help you recognize behavioral health signs & symptoms in children EARLY before they become more problematic. The course is designed to help you handle emerging & crisis situations through a series of interactive scenarios, exercises and videos led by an experienced MHFA-certified trainer.
You must register by Wed. Aug. 5 for the Tues & Wed. from 5-7 PM virtual classes.
What you will learn:
- Skills, strategies and PRACTICE dealing with mental health & substance use disorders. You will NOT learn how to become a therapist. Instead you will learn about WHEN to intervene.
- How to effectively communicate and enable children to open up to you.
- Common myths and facts about mental health pertaining to our local area and the U.S.
- Difference between typical & atypical teenage behavior.
- Trauma-related disorders, eating disorders, aggressive behaviors, anxiety, depression, bipolar, suicidal and non-suicidal behaviors and more.
*There is also a 1-2 hour self-paced virtual seminar and video to be completed optimally before the virtual instructor-led classes .
Course fee: 23.95 includes MHFA manual, handouts and instructor-led sessions.
For more MHFA information, CLICK Here, or email instructor Sandy Oxx: email@example.com