Authored by Sandra Oxx
November 28, 2018
Next event on September 4, 2019 — 1:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Occurs on the first Wednesday of every month.
NMH Speakers Bureau meets the first Wednesday of every month at 1 p.m.Conference Room 65 Valley Rd, Middletown.
At these meetings, we encourage practicing speeches about your recovery or you are free to listen until you feel comfortable sharing your story. The objectives of the bureau are the following:
- To feel more comfortable speaking in front of an audience
- To learn strategies to tailor speeches for specific audiences
- To educate audiences about mental health disorders and ways that people are recovering from them
- To instill hope in both speakers and audience members that mental health disorders can be treated
- To encourage audience members and their friends and/or family to seek treatment at Newport Mental Health